Pudding is found in Ireland, too. But, beware, pudding is not like pudding! 😉 Many Irish are having white and/or black pudding (specific kind of sausage) for breakfast.
Today I’m talking about this kind of pudding, though:
Yes, a sort of custard. As the Irish love theirs, we love our sort of pudding. 🙂
Living in Ireland you can either order pudding mix from Germany, buy it at a Polish supermarket (it’s called Budyn there), or make your own. Making your own is not that hard to do!
- 1 egg
- 250ml (1 cup) cold milk
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 3 tbsp flour
- 500ml (2 cups) milk
- 2 tbsp honey or 4 tbsp sugar
- Flavoring: 2 tbsp brown sugar (butterscotch) or 1-2 tsp vanilla or 2tbsp cocoa + extra sugar/honey (chocolate)
- Whisk the egg and pour into 250ml (1 cup) of cold milk; add cornflour and flour, mix well.
- In a saucepan heat up 500ml (2 cups) of milk. Add the flavoring and stir, then add egg-milk-flour-mixture, stir continually until the pudding thickens.
- Spoon into pudding cups or bowls. Let sit to cool.